IT Technician and U.S. Marine Corps Veteran leveraging 10+ years of proven experience in quality assurance, computer science, and training. Adept at leading teams of 10+ in dynamic, fast-paced environments. Possess a comprehensive background in computer languages, scripting, and network administration. Managed hardware and software assets valued over $10M while mitigating risk and ensuring safety, quality, and compliance. Career supported by degrees in Computer Science, Information Technology, and Computer Network Administration (MS & Linux) with certificates in CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA). Active Secret Security Clearance.
- Quality Assurance
- Website Development
- Customer Service
- Network Administration
- Programming & Scripting
- Training & Development
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Network & Wireless Security
- Microsoft Office Suite
Decypher | Camp Pendleton, CA 2020 - Present
Help Desk Technician
Use an automated help desk call management system to track and document service requests. Analyze field service reports to identify common problems, developing trends, and recommend corrective actions. Install, troubleshoot, maintain, and support IT-related equipment to include, but not limited to: printers, scanners, tablets, cellular phones, desktops, laptops, etc in a 500,000 square foot medical treatment facility located near the main gate of Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, California.
- Re-image computers with the correct OS with PXE boot
- Support 100+ medical computers with the correct software.
- Moving the correct hardware (computers, etc.) to the right location and connect to the right VLAN
CP Technologies | San Diego, CA 2019 - 2020
Read, interpreted, and followed blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble computer equipment and other IT products.
- Built specialized computers and other IT hardware to support the military, industrial, and commercial markets.
- Performed all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures
- Performed quality assurance work checks to ensure the product passes quality standards; identified products defects and documented the defects
Palomar College | San Diego, CA 2016 - 2018
Computer Lab Technician and Tutor
Staffed the Computer Science and Information Technology Department’s $10M learning lab and assisted students with technical computer and IT training. Monitored student progress, assessed knowledge levels, and identified issues for action, and provide extra instruction in a timely manner. Coached and mentored students to facilitate their learning process and communicated their progress and status to faculty and staff daily.
- Managed 45 computer workstations by addressing all technical needs such as updating the operating systems, removing malware, installing and updating software, fixing boot time issues, hardening security, and performed repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment
- Worked one-on-one with students to assist with complicated class assignments, assisted them in troubleshooting projects or assignments and in their understanding of new programming/scripting languages, and website development.
- Assisted students and faculty with laptop and mobile operating system configurations to include Android, and iOS (iPhoneOS)
U.S. Marine Corps | Various Locations 2005 - 2011
Team Leader | Radio Operator
Led a crew of 6 technicians in the maintenance of radio and satellite communication devices to ensure data and voice communication systems were secure and available 24/7 to support operations. Maintained technical equipment valued at $1M to include terminal devices, antennas, vehicles, and power generators. Provided technical help assistance and user device training; set-up, maintained, and troubleshot local area networks.
- Ran diagnostics, analyzed, and repaired Harris radio and antennas, maintaining responsibility and serviceability for 100+ radios and pieces of equipment; performed preventive maintenance checks and serviced all assigned electronic equipment; conducted periodic equipment inspections, and routine tests to ensure operations standards were met
- Wrote reports and trouble tickets on equipment problems to ensure repairs were made in a timely manner and proper quality assurance was conducted prior to reissuing gear to include on-the-spot maintenance and emergency repairs in the field
- Cross-trained co-workers to ensure they had a working knowledge of basic repair and field troubleshooting procedures; handled confidential and secret material, responsible for encryption loading and storage devices
- Sent, received, and interpreted coded messages during daily operations for all levels of management; monitored incoming and outgoing signals, recorded transmitter readings, and briefed senior management to ensure communications were met at all levels
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) Social Sciences | California State University San Marcos
Associate of Science (A.S.) Computer Science | Palomar College
Associate of Science (A.S.) Information Technology | Palomar College
Associate in Science (A.S.) Computer Network Administration (MS & Linux) | Palomar College
CERTIFICATIONS & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
CompTIA A+ | expires February 2024
CompTIA Network+ | expires February 2024
CompTIA Security+ | expires February 2024
CompTIA CySA+ | expires February 2024
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) | expires 21 January 2023
Certified Web Developer | Palomar College
LANGUAGES & PROFICIENCIES
MS Windows and Linux Servers: Powershell and Linux Shell Scripts
Network and Wireless Security
Python, C++, Java, and Object-Oriented Programming Languages
Server and Client Hardware and Software Installation.
Website Development: HTML, CSS3, SQL
Android and iOS Configuration