Just a quick announcement, CyberVetsUSA is offering once again free education and test vouchers this year. If you or anyone you know that wants an opportunity to get the Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate (200-201 CBROPS) education and test vouchers (yes, as in plural. You get another one if you fail the first time) , please go to the CyberVetsUSA and apply.
The deadline is March 1st, so hurry.
I just got this email and I wanted to share quickly. Below is the email that I receive.
This is a special invitation to IVMF’s Onward to Opportunity alumni who completed the CompTIA Security+ pathway.
- Are you currently employed in the IT industry utilizing the knowledge obtained from the course you completed?
- Have you earned any additional industry certifications after completing the course?
- Are you interested in additional credentials to support your professional development?
If your response is yes to any of these questions, please reply to obtain next steps.
*******************IMPORTANT: Include current state of residency, home or record or transitioning/relocation state for in your reply.*******************
RESPONSE REQUIRED BY MARCH 1, 2021. Application requirement: We will require the current URL to your LinkedIn profile for program participation. The Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate pathway is a 15 distant learning Cyber Security training program that is designed to prepare learners for intermediate-level roles in Cyber Security. The certification is ideal for individuals with novice/intermediate level of IT/Cyber experience.
In order to be eligible for this pathway individuals must have a basic competency (one or more of the following):
- Cisco certification (CCENT or higher) Relevant industry certification [(ISC)2, CompTIA Security+, EC-Council, GIAC, ISACA]
- Cisco Networking Academy letter of completion (CCNA 1 and CCNA 2)
- At least three years of combined experience in approved U.S. military job roles
- Windows expertise: Microsoft (Microsoft Specialist, MCSA, MCSE), CompTIA (A+, Network+, Server+).
- Linux expertise: CompTIA (Linux+), Linux Professional Institute (LPI) certification, Linux Foundation (LCFS, LCFE), Red Hat (RHCSA, RHCE, RHCA), Oracle Linux (OCA, OCP)
. https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en_us/training-events/certifications/security-infographic.pdf .
CyberVetsUSA is currently offering priority access to veterans seeking employment in the following targeted states: Arizona, Maryland, Michigan, New York, North Carolina, Virginia, Texas, California and Florida. Candidates in all others will be accepted based on cohort availability.
If you miss this, then you have to wait next year. I believe this is now a yearly thing. So, the deadline is before March. Space is limited. I should write a post about this program and let you guys know more about 200-201 CBROPS.